Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Want my Mommy!

I need sleep...argh! I taught my second of 10 drawing classes today. This class has 13 students in it. That is a big drawing class. I hadn't slept most of the night, except (of course) right before I had to wake up. My not sleeping is making me brain-dead. The class was okay, but my word finding problems were much worse than they have been, and they have not been good.

I don't get it. I can think of the object, know what the object is, know exactly how to describe...EXCEPT I cannot remember the word for it. I feel like an idiot. Especially given my vocabulary is usually fairly vibrant and descriptive.

Anyways, I am tired and it is only 2:0pm. I have been tired since I woke up. Note to self: next term teach only one class. Two classes to teach is too much for me, especially with "the cutest puppy from hell" to take care of.

This morning before I left for class I was trying to stop the puppy from eating the cat litter (GROSS!), chasing him as he unravelled xmas ribbon all over the house. As soon as I grabbed the green ribbon he is off again and when I find him he is unravelling the silver ribbon. So I take that away, and find him back at the kitty litter...(BLECK!)

All the while I am trying to get ready to go to do my volunteering and I still have to walk him. So I walk him, come back in the house and begin brushing my teeth. There my puppy is walking proudly out of the bedroom dragging a huge swath of fabric from a box under the shelf.

I take that away from him and then he grabs some felt from a different box. Finally I place him in his crate for an hour so I can leave and my husband will come get him when he's done cutting flowers.

I get home from my class and in the hour he was in his crate he shredded his dog mattress and there is fluffy stuffing EVERYWHERE. He is so cute...but I am getting close to my breaking point. How will I manage another 2-3 years of chasing him around the house trying to stop him from eating everything he comes in contact with. I need to "puppify" my whole house and I can barely keep my house up as it is.

I knew puppies were work, but this? and it has only been a week. Help! I want my Mommy! She always seemed to know how to handle this stuff.

6 comments:

deepblue said...

your puppy kind of reminds me of my children!

The Silent Voices in my Mind said...

I say the exact same thing about my kids: Help! I want my mommy!!

It sounds stressful right now but I am sure it will get better as time goes on. Hopefully you can get some sleep. Everything is easier to deal with when we're rested.

Good luck! {{{supportive hugs}}}

Polar Bear said...

hi Aqua
Im really sorry you've been struggling with lack of sleep recently. Having a puppy is definately lots of work. I think it can be really rewarding tho, in the long run. In the meantime, do hang in there.

I'll send you an email.

Hugs
Polar B.

Aqua said...

There are good/great things about the puppy too. I'm just venting, partly because I chose never to have kids because I never thought I could manage and now a puppy is showing me I was right. God, if I can't manage a puppy how the hell could I manage kids..."I wll get through this, he will end up being a good dog": repeat to self 100times;>)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish animals didn't make me so allergic. It sounds like so much unconditional love.

Aqua said...

S...Not sure if you were joking...but your reply made me laugh. Even with all the craziness, I would decide tomorrow to do the same thing.
...aqua