I sat down this a.m and thought about what I eat. It is disgustingly unhealthy, and has been that way for months now, and off and on since I became depressed this time.
I am having trouble eating properly. My fatigue and apathy, coupled with an inability to motivate myself (amotivation); even when I feel okay, but worse when I do not, makes it next to impossible to shop for food, cook, and eat anything but the simplest thing to grab.
I know how to eat well. I used to absolutely love to cook incredibly fanciful, healthy and yummy food. Not anymore. For a while this summer my husband was helping me by offering to cook, but now he just says we can take care of ourselves.
So I thought about what I ate yesterday and it really is worse than I thought:
Yesterday I ate:
- coffee (with milk and sugar)
- pumpkin spice muffin I bought from the coffee place
- a pepperoni stick
- two slices of cheese
- three scrambled eggs
- and...I am ashamed of my drinking, so this is hard to say...a 3 oz. martini
- a handful of chocolate covered almonds
The day before I ate:
- bowl of raisin bran
- milk (for the cereal)
- a handful of blueberries(in the cereal)
- pepperoni stick
- 3 slices of a tomato
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 slices of pork (1.5 inches squared each)...husband made that and the potatoes)
- 3 (very large) handfuls of salt and vinegar potato chips
- 2 handfuls of chocolate covered almonds
- a 3 oz. martini
The day before that...I have no idea what I ate, but it was no better. At the very least I will try hard to remember to take my magic multivitamins.