In respect of, and to reinforce the powerful message, Wednesday's dream , "The Wolf Returns", sent me: Today I am changing my life. I am throwing away the old me and moving in a different direction. From this day forward I am reborn.
I will never feel any remorse or guilt over anything I did in the past. I accept that I did what I was able to do at the time. I will never again feel guilt for being depressed, or on disability for depression. I will accept that I did not cause this illness. It happened and all I can be expected to do is try to make myself feel better. I will also accept that sometimes my illness makes it difficult to do anything to help myself. During those times I will do whatever I CAN do to keep trying.
- I am a painter.
- I am an artist.
- I am a writer.
- I am an art teacher.
- I am a photographer.
- I am creative.
- I am disabled by my depression right now, but I am NOT my disability.
- I will accept my disability income as a blessing and a gift that allows me the opportunity to grow into the human being I am meant to become.
- I will be here today, and present now.
- I will not worry about tomorrow.
- I will soak up today.
- I will see all the beauty in the world, like a new child, through my new eyes.
- My life will be full of beauty, and I will recognize that.
- My new life will be full of love and I will pass that on.
- My new life will be full of compassion, for myself and for others.
- I will accept my mental illness as the catalyst, the mother and the origin of, my new and improved life.
- I will embrace my depression like a mother embraces a crying child. I will hold it, and care for it, and accept that the crying may pass, or it may not, but the crying child is always a beautiful being trying to express his or her needs to the world.